Avira Antivir offers a free antivirus which is trusted and used by many Windows user. It is well known for its superb virus detection but with a price of high false positives. Avira Antivir is unlike Kaspersky where you can set a manual location to update the virus definition as it needs to get updates directly from Avira’s servers. On the Avira user interface, the Update menubar has a “Manual update” option which lets you update Avira Antivir using offline method from the vdf_fusebundle.zip file.
Avira’s official VDF update site contains a link where you can download the vdf_fusebundle.zip file but it currently only has for version 8 and 9 of Antivir. The most recent Avira Antivir is at version 10. If you are looking for a method to do manual update via vdf_fusebundle.zip for Avira Antivir 10, then you can manually generate the offline update file using Avira AntiVir Updates Generator.
Avira AntiVir Updates Generator is an unofficial free portable tool that can be used to generate vdf_fusebundle.zip from your Avira installation. For example if you already installed Avira on a computer and fully updated it, you can directly create a backup of the update from your computer. All you need to do is run the program and click Go. You will need to set the path if you have installed Avira on a non-default location. The vdf_fusebundle.zip file will be saved to the location where the Update Generator is located.
Download Avira AntiVir Updates Generator
Maintaining a computer by optimizing is not easy for a normal computer user. One wrong move could cause problems in Windows. IObit Advanced SystemCare is one of the most famous one click computer optimization software. There are two versions of Advanced SystemCare which is the free and Pro version. The free version only has basic PC care with regular update but the PRO version has more features including registry deep clean, ultimate system speedup, automated care when PC is idle, scheduled PC care, automated privacy sweep, fast automatic update and consent for commercial use.
The price to pay for the IObit Advanced SystemCare Pro 3.51 is $29.95 on 1PC for 1 year. There are pros and cons in software subscription which is you are able to download any minor or major update when your license is still valid but it cost more since you are advised to extend your subscription every year to get the latest updates.
You can register Advanced SystemCare Pro 3.51 for free by using the following genuine account name and license code:
1. Download IObit Advanced SystemCare Pro 3.51 and install
2. Run Advanced SystemCare shortcut icon from desktop and click the Upgrade button
3. Click Enter License Now button and key in the following Account Name and License Code.
Account Name: firstname.lastname@example.org
License Code: D509-6B59-F0FF-198A
4. Click the Activate Now button and configure the ultimate optimization when program is activated.
Trend Micro is one of of the oldest and also popular antivirus software that is used to known as PC-Cillin. Its Internet Security 2010 suite comes with protection against viruses and spyware, prevention of unauthorized changes made to the operating system or important programs, personal firewall to guard against hackers, protection against web threats, spam email filter, parental controls and data theft prevention. A 1 year subscription of Trend Micro Internet Security 2010 for 1PC cost $49.95.
We have previously covered a freebie post on how you can get a free Trend Micro Internet Security 2010 full version for 1 year by downloading the custom Trend installer for iomega. The serial number is embedded to the setup file which is automatically inserted during the installation process. If you have missed the earlier promotion, you can still get the free 1 year license by following the steps below:
1. Download Trend Micro Internet Security 2010 from the link below:
2. During installation, you will be prompted to enter your Trend Micro Internet Security serial number or install a free trial version. Select the first option and enter the product key as PFEO-9996-0691-8113-9527 and click proceed with the installation.
After the introduction of Intel-based Apple computers, Mac users have got the option to combine their Mac OS X environments with Microsoft Windows (XP and later), which can be easily installed as an additional OS with the help of Apple Boot Camp. It should have been a real breakthrough if not for a naughty nuance – data sharing between Mac and Windows domains is a real problem, as Windows doesn’t know a thing about HFS+, the primary file system for Macintosh computers, while Mac OS X only provides read access to NTFS is an advanced file system that provides performance, security, reliability, and advanced features that are not found in any version of FAT.
With release of NTFS for Mac, Paragon Software has offered an elegant solution for these limitations. With a low-level file system driver on the Mac side providing full read/write access to NTFS, the company has managed to open up an effective communication channel between Mac OS X and Windows. Paragon HFS+ for Windows is a promising successor of this trend. It’s a file system driver that currently can offer read access to HFS+/HFSX volumes under Microsoft Windows.
Paragon HFS for Windows normally cost $39.95 but you can get your free v7.5 license for free by following the steps below:
1. Visit http://www.paragon-software.com/registration/hfs-windows75.html , fill up the form and click the Submit button.
2. You should receive an email from Paragon with the Product Key and Serial Number within 15 minutes.
3. Download Paragon HFS for Windows 7.5 from the link below and install
4. Enter the Product Key and Serial number that you received during installation to register Paragon HFS for Windows 7.5.
Zemana AntiLogger is one of the best security software that can work side by side with your current antivirus or internet security software to further enhance the protection of your computer against logging threats. Zemana AntiLogger is able to specifically detect and block any keyloggers, screenloggers, webcamlogger, clipboardlogger and also strengthens the Windows defense by blocking malware from targeting registry, physical memory, and other sensitive areas so it can inject malicious code and seize control of your PC.
Zemana AntiLogger normally cost $39.50 for 1 year subscription to be used on 1 computer but here is how you can get a free 3 year license! A month ago we’ve posted a free promo of Zemana AntiLogger and if you have either missed it or managed to grab a license, you are able to use this 3 year license to extend the expiry date.
1. Visit http://pro.de/aktion/pcwelt/antilogger
2. Fill up the form making sure you enter a working email address and click the Senden button.
3. Check your email and open the email from Pro.de. Click the link that says Bestätigungslink.
4. Within an hour you should receive another email from Pro.de with Zemana AntiLogger product key.
5. Download Zemana AntiLogger 22.214.171.124 http://download.zemana.com/Products/AntiLogger/AntiLogger_126.96.36.199.exe , install and restart your computer when prompted to.
6. Run Zemana AntiLogger, click Services on the left sidebar and click the License button.
7. Enter license and click Renew License button. The expiration date will be extended to 3 years later with the 1984 remaining days.