Microsoft Office 2010 Does Not Support Upgrading From a PreRelease Version
April 27, 2010 | Filed under Microsoft Office;
Microsoft Office 2010 RTM has been released and can be downloaded from TechNet or MSDN account. However if you try to install by running the setup file en_office_professional_plus_2010_x86_515486.exe, you will encounter a setup errors window with the following message:
Setup is unable to proceed due to the following error(s): Microsoft Office 2010 does not support upgrading from a prerelease version of Microsoft Office 2010. You must first uninstall any prerelease versions of Microsoft Office 2010 products and associated technologies. Correct the issue(s) listed above and re-run setup.
This is caused by having a BETA version of Microsoft Office 2010 on your computer and the RTM version of Office 2010 does not support direct upgrading from BETA to RTM. What you need to solve this problem is by simply uninstalling the old beta version of Office 2010 from your computer, then only install the RTM version of Office 2010.
Follow the simple steps below on how to uninstall Microsoft Office 2010 Beta:
1. Click the Windows 7 Orb button and go to Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a Program.
3. Select Microsoft Office Professional 2010 from the list and click the Uninstall button
4. Click Yes when asked to confirm the uninstallation.
5. Restart your computer when uninstallation has finished.
6. When computer has been restarted, run Microsoft Office 2010 RTM setup installer