Install Multiple Standalone Internet Explorer Versions in Windows
Internet Explorer is a browser made by Microsoft and when you install it on your computer, it overwrites all older versions of Internet Explorer and making it the only IE on your computer. It is not necessary to use a few computers or virtual machines to test the website that you have made against a few different versions of Internet Explorer because you can install Internet Explorer Collection.
Internet Explorer Collection contains multiple IE versions, which are standalone so they can be used at the same time. Conditional Comments work exactly the same as in the native versions. The original version number is shown correcty in the User Agent string. The version number can be found in the window title too.
The current Internet Explorer Collection version 220.127.116.11 contains the following versions of IE:
* Internet Explorer 1.0 (4.40.308)
* Internet Explorer 1.5 (0.1.0.10)
* Internet Explorer 2.01 (2.01.046)
* Internet Explorer 3.0 (3.0.1152)
* Internet Explorer 3.01 (3.01.2723)
* Internet Explorer 3.03 (3.03.2925)
* Internet Explorer 4.01 (4.72.3110.0)
* Internet Explorer 5.01 (5.00.3314.2100)
* Internet Explorer 5.5 (5.51.4807.2300)
* Internet Explorer 6.0 (6.00.2800.1106)
* Internet Explorer 6.0 (6.00.2900.2180)
* Internet Explorer 7.0 (7.00.5730.13)
* Internet Explorer 8.0 (8.00.6001.18702)
Each shortcut to run different versions of Internet Explorer will be created at desktop and start menu. To run the IE version that you want, simply launch the shortcut.