Free TextMaker Viewer 2010 to Open Document Files
Microsoft Office .doc format is the most commonly used editable document format even though Microsoft Office is a very expensive software. For companies or home users that cannot afford to buy Microsoft Office to have the Word module, but would like to have the support to open .doc or .docx files, then you should try TextMaker Viewer 2010.
TextMaker Viewer 2010 is a free document viewer for all common word processing formats. It is useful to open documents created in Microsoft Word, TextMaker, or OpenDocument format, but you haven’t installed the respective word processor as it is small with only 4MB in size.
Currently TextMaker Viewer 2010 supports the following word formats:
.docx, .docm Microsoft Word 2007
.sxw from OpenOffice.org/StarOffice Text
.dotx, .dotm Microsoft Word 2007 templates
.rtf Rich Text Format
.doc Microsoft Word 6.0 up to Word 2007
.psw Pocket Word (Pocket PC)
.dot Microsoft Word templates 6.0 up to 2007
.pwd Pocket Word (Handheld PC)
.tmd TextMaker 6.0 up to 2010
.htm/html HTML documents
.odt OpenDocument Text
.txt Text files (DOS, Windows, Unicode, UTF-8)
1. Visit http://www.softmaker.de/reg/tmwv10_en.htm
2. Fill up the form and make sure you enter a working email address because the serial number license will be sent there. Submit the form when finished filling up.
3. Check your email and note down the license information.
4. Download TextMaker Viewer 2010 and install.
5. Run TextMaker Viewer 2010 and click the Enter Serial Number button. Enter your name, your e-mail address and serial number given to register the software.