After the introduction of Intel-based Apple computers, Mac users have got the option to combine their Mac OS X environments with Microsoft Windows (XP and later), which can be easily installed as an additional OS with the help of Apple Boot Camp. It should have been a real breakthrough if not for a naughty nuance – data sharing between Mac and Windows domains is a real problem, as Windows doesn’t know a thing about HFS+, the primary file system for Macintosh computers, while Mac OS X only provides read access to NTFS is an advanced file system that provides performance, security, reliability, and advanced features that are not found in any version of FAT.
With release of NTFS for Mac, Paragon Software has offered an elegant solution for these limitations. With a low-level file system driver on the Mac side providing full read/write access to NTFS, the company has managed to open up an effective communication channel between Mac OS X and Windows. Paragon HFS+ for Windows is a promising successor of this trend. It’s a file system driver that currently can offer read access to HFS+/HFSX volumes under Microsoft Windows.
Paragon HFS for Windows normally cost $39.95 but you can get your free v7.5 license for free by following the steps below:
1. Visit http://www.paragon-software.com/registration/hfs-windows75.html , fill up the form and click the Submit button.
2. You should receive an email from Paragon with the Product Key and Serial Number within 15 minutes.
3. Download Paragon HFS for Windows 7.5 from the link below and install
4. Enter the Product Key and Serial number that you received during installation to register Paragon HFS for Windows 7.5.
You can run and dual boot Windows and Mac OS X on Apple computers with Apple’s Boot Camp. At first you won’t know which operating system requires more space so you partition them into half but as time goes by, you realized that Mac OSX takes up more space than Windows because you use it more and store all your files in there. Instead of deleting the whole Windows partition to make more room for Mac OSX, you can use Paragon CampTune to easily resize the partition.
All you need to do is install the Paragon CampTune on the Mac OSX, run it and burn to a blank disc. Then boot up the computer with the disc by pressing and holding the C key so that your Apple computer boots up using the disc. Then CampTune will load, allowing you to select either the HFS or NTFS partition, and moving the slider to change the partition space.
Paragon CampTune is a shareware that normally cost $19.95 for a single user license but you can get your free full version .DMG installer from the steps below.
1. Visit http://store.v3.co.uk/?act=details&id=4697 and click the Login button.
2. Register an account or login if you have previously registered.
3. If you registered a new account, check your email and confirm your account by clicking on the activation link.
4. Again visit the link on the first step and click the Login button and enter your username and password.
5. Click the Download button to start downloading Paragon_Camptune_7.5.dmg
The latest version of Paragon CampTune is now version 8.
Windows Live Messenger is one of the most used application by users around the world to keep in touch with friends. However like the title of the software, it is a Live Messenger meant for Windows only. To use the Messenger service in Mac OS, you can download the latest Microsoft Messenger for Mac version 8 beta. This new version comes with real-time collaboration between people in different locations. You can use instant messaging and audio and video calls to communicate with your contacts.
To install, choose the language of the Messenger 8 you want and then download the 22.3MB dmg file. After finished downloading, double click on messenger8beta.dmg file which will auto expand and install. Although the latest Microsoft Messenger for Mac 8 introduces the much anticipated face-to-face audio/video interaction feature for personal users with a Windows Live Account, there are still a few known bugs such as display picture not showing, unable to send files to contacts, some network configurations cannot work with the audio/video calls and some custom emotions not showing.
Mac OS X uses the HFS+ file system which is developed by Apple. It is possible to install Mac OS X on a windows computer by using some of the illegal patch to modify the ISO image installer. However when you install Mac OS X on one partition and Windows on another, when Windows is booted up you will not be able to access NTFS because HFS+ file system is created by Apple and Microsoft did not make Windows to support that kind of file system. You will end up not seeing the Mac OS partition in My Computer but you can definitely see it in Disk Management.
PARAGON Software group has developed a useful program called NTFS for Mac where it provides a unique complete solution and creates an effective two-way communication channel between Mac OS X and Windows. You can browse contents, read and modify files, copy and create new files and folders on both file systems with both operating systems!
PARAGON is giving out free full version of NTFS for Mac worth $39.95 till March 22. This is an older version of NTFS for Mac version 6.5, current version is at 7 and version 8 is going to be released soon. Basically the version 6.5 has all the functionality of the 7th version except for the MAC Browser, a utility to work with HFS-formatted volumes under Windows. The download link below is the full version which doesn’t require any registration key.
Windows is the operating system that is most prone to virus attacks. Mac are also getting popular and there’s plenty of Zlob codec trojans that will infect a Mac if given the chance. Unlike Windows where you can find many experts in forum to get help on removal of the virus, there isn’t many virus removal experts for Mac. F-Secure Mac Protection is able to keep you and your family safe on the Internet. It protects your data and privacy when you send e-mail, download music, bank, shop or play online. This comprehensive security package provides complete protection against online threats with powerful detection and removal of all types of malicious software.
Key Features of F-Secure Mac Protection
– Real-time antivirus protection with automatic updates
– Firewall protection by integrating with OS X internal firewall
– ‘Panic button’ to instantly block all traffic except update servers
– Localized into major languages
– Fast performance. Designed with performance in mind
This F-Secure Mac Protection is not a universal installer. You can only use it on Mac OS X version 10.5 (Leopard) or 10.6 (Snow Leopard, 32-bit mode only) with an Intel processor. Meaning Apple computers running PowerPC is not compatible.
To get your free F-Secure Mac Protection Subscription Number:
1. Visit http://www.f-secure.com/en_EMEA/downloads/beta-programs/home-office/fsmac/registration.html
2. Enter your first name, last name, email address, code and click the Submit button.
3. Check your email and confirm your email address by clicking on the verification link.
4. Check your email again and you should receive another email with 20 digit subscription number highlighted in yellow.
5. Download the latest F-Secure Mac Protection installation package fsmac.dmg file.